Beginner Sewing! Learn how to create a memory cushion or blanket!
Venue: Lola-Pops HQ, Pemberton Business Centre, WN5 8AA
Dates: Tuesday 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th March
Time: Morning Class 9:30am - 12pm
Skill Level: Beginner sewer but all abilities welcome!
This course is for you if you are a complete beginner to sewing. If you've never touched a sewing machine before or haven't used one since school then this course is perfect! You are in safe hands. I'll start at the very beginning with the super basics and have you creating some amazing items in no time!
This is a 4 week course that will teach you how to turn your cherished outgrown baby clothing (or other special items) into a stunning memory blanket or cushion.
These sewing classes are truly special and unique.
Not only will you have a stunning cushion or blanket to admire and cuddle forever, you'll also gain the skills, knowledge and confidence of how to sew.
I guarentee all your friends and family will be asking you to make them a cushion or blanket after this class!
There really is no stopping you once you know the basics.
You will need to bring with you to the first class 5-10 baby items if you are making a cushion, or 10-15 baby items if you are making a blanket.
Everything you need on this course will be provided for you including:
- Sewing Machine
- fabric (if you aren't using your baby's outgrown clothing or other special items)
- Haberdashery and equipment
- Tea, coffee and biscuits comes as standard!!!
On this course you will learn:
- Basics of a sewing machine, what it does, how it works.
- How to thread a machine.
- How to wind the bobbin.
- Basic sewing terminology
- Basic stitches on the machine, what are they for, what do they do.
- Main focus on straight stitch and zig zag stitch (two most common stitches used in sewing)
- create simple projects to get you started e.g pin cushion, reusable facewipes for example.
- How to create a simple sewing pattern and use it to cut fabric accurately.
- Plan and create a stunning memory cushion or blanket (option to use your baby's own outgrown clothing if you desire)
- How to create an applique and use this to personalise your cushion or blanket if you desire.
By completing this course you will leave with the confidence to create more items by yourself at home if you have your own machine.
Save £10 and pay for the course in full £90
Or pay in 2 instalments: £50 to secure your place and £50 before the start of the course.
You are very welcome to bring your baby along to all the sessions.
PLEASE NOTE: you will need to bring a chair or car seat for your baby to sit in due to limited space. If your baby sleeps in the pram there is space for a couple of prams in the sewing room whilst your baby is sleeping.
Other prams can be left in the reception area safe during class.
Changing facilites will be available on request.
MARCH: Memory Class
You can either pay in full and save £10 for this course or there an instalment payment option available.
If you opt for the payment plan you will pay 2 instalments, one to secure your place and another 4 weeks later to pay the remaining balance before the course starts. *The first instalment will be non-reundable if you change your mind or fail to make the second instalement payment due to your place being held for you. Your place will not be able to be filled at short notice.
Places on this course are limited and will require full attendance to get the best out of this course.
You are signing up to the full 4 weeks course. No refunds will be given if you are unable to make a session as your place will not be able to be filled.
Please check course dates and times carefully.