FAST TRACK BEGINNERS!
This is 3 hour condensed class that will teach you all the basics you need to know about sewing. It will prepare you for the Baby Wardrobe classes that will be released throughout the year (both in person and Online classes).
This is step one of being able to make some amazing clothing for your baby!
If you are interested in learning how to sew clothing for your baby this class is the PERFECT introduction for you!
Venue: Lola-Pops HQ, Pemberton Business Centre, WN5 8AA
Date: Thursday 21st September
Time: 10am - 1pm
Skill Level: Beginner sewer
This course is for you if you are a complete beginner to sewing. If you've never touched a sewing machine before or haven't used one since school then this course is perfect! You are in safe hands. I'll start at the very beginning with the super basics and have you creating some amazing items in no time!
This is a 3 hour class that will teach you how to sew some super gorgeous and amazing items that you'll be able to use when you progress onto the intermediate baby wardrobe classes.
Everything you need on this course will be provided for you including:
- Sewing Machine
- Haberdashery and equipment
- Tea, coffee and biscuits comes as standard!!!
On this course you will learn:
- Basics of a sewing machine, what it does, how it works.
- How to thread a machine.
- How to wind the bobbin.
- Basic sewing terminology
- Basic stitches on the machine, what are they for, what do they do.
- Main focus on straight stitch and zig zag stitch (two most common stitches used in sewing)
- create simple projects to get you started which will include a pin cushion and some pattern weights to use on the baby wardrobe class, and if there is time you can decide to make either reusable facewipes for yourself or some reusable baby wipes for your baby.
By completing this course you will leave with the confidence to create more items by yourself at home if you have your own machine.
This class will also fully prepare you for the intermediate baby wardrobe classes so you will beable to book on to an intermediate class after completing this fast track class.
*You are very welcome to bring your baby along to all the sessions.
PLEASE NOTE: you will need to bring a chair or car seat for your baby to sit in due to limited space. You can however leave your pram safe in the reception area.
Changing facilites will be available.